Permit Applications

District permits, service applications and engineering fees are listed below. For questions email or call (425) 398-4401, Monday – Friday 8am-4:30pm.

Side Sewer Permit

A Side Sewer Permit is required for all new sewer connections, and repairs or modifications to existing sewer connections on private property. The District maintains all existing sewer pipes located in the right-of-way.


King County Sewage Treatment Capacity Charge Form

Request Inspection

To schedule a side sewer inspection call (425) 398-4401  Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Inspection requests must be made by 4:30 pm the day before the requested inspection.

How to pass your side sewer inspection

Water Service Application

Application for Water Service is required to request a new or upgraded water service and water meter. The District does not issue permits or provide inspection services for work on private water plumbing. The private plumbing system includes all piping and fixtures extending past the water meter to and within a building structure or premise. Contact your City Building Department for permit requirements related to private plumbing work.

Download Application

Contractor Application

Contractors who preform utility work, including side sewer work, must be registered with the District. Contractors must have a valid Washington State contractor’s license, complete the District’s required application, and provide their valid insurance information. Permits will not be issued to contractors with expired or incomplete information on file.

Download Application

Water & Sewer Disconnection

To stop water and sewer billing the water meter must be removed, and the side sewer capped. A written request must be received by the property owner, or owner’s representative, to have the water meter pulled. A side sewer capping permit must be completed and approved prior to capping of the side sewer. Prior to demolition, there must be a physical disconnection from the public water and sewer systems. This includes disconnection of the private water service line, pulling of the water meter and capping of the side sewer in accordance with District requirements.


Side Sewer Permit Application

Temporary Water Service

Rental water meters are provided to customers who need temporary access to water during construction. Meters may be connected to an authorized fire hydrant or vacant meter set.

Download Permit

Industrial Waste Discharge Permit

An Industrial Waste Discharge Permit is required to discharge construction water to the District’s sanitary sewer collection system. A King County Wastewater Discharge Authorization is also required. Discharging into the sewer without a permit carries a $5,000 per day fine.

Download Application

NUD Utility Map - UMAP

Northshore Utility District provides online access to utility, project and property drawings though an interactive mapping tool.


Engineering Fee Schedule

Permitting, Development and Connection Fees

View Schedule