TO PROTECT YOU AND OUR STAFF, WE HAVE TEMPORARILY CLOSED OUR FRONT DOORS TO WALK IN CUSTOMERS; HOWEVER, WE HAVE, AND WILL, CONTINUE TO REMAIN OPEN FOR BUSINESS. FOR ASSISTANCE - PLEASE CONTACT US AT 425.398.4400 OR CLICK HERE FOR CONTACT INFORMATION.
COVID-19 Updates from the Board of Commissioners
NUD COVID-19 Customer Assistance Measures Implemented
- March 16th, 2020 NUD Board Meeting – Emergency declared.
- Temporary suspension of residential water service terminations of delinquent accounts.
- Suspended late charges associated with cash payments and credit card fees associated with payments up to $1,000.00. (Effective until such time NUD removes its emergency declaration or initiates a separate motion to remove such action. These suspensions of service terminations do not forgive or relieve outstanding balances, or fees owing on the account.)
- NUD reactivated any customer who previously had their water service terminated.
- NUD suspended liens on properties due to non-payment.
- NUD offers payment arrangements for customers in need of financial assistance with their utility bill.
- NUD takes measures to assist customers affected by COVID-19 and directs those customers to both internal and external financial assistance program sources (i.e. Hopelink).
- NUD directs customers to its Low-Income Discount Program and associated informational page (LIDP).
- NUD investigates additional methods to financially assist district customers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Low-Income Discount Program - Northshore Utility District
- COVID-19 Customer Assistance Programs - Northshore Utility District
- Department of Social and Health Services - Disaster Cash Assistance Program (DCAP)
- CARES Act – Economic Assistance
- WA State COVID-19 Business Resources