How You Can Help Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts
Kenmore, WA - August 29, 2017
TEXAS FLOODS/HURRICANE HARVEY RELIEF DONATIONS
In response to numerous inquiries from our community Northshore Emergency Management Coalition is providing the following recommendations for relief donations for those impacted by Hurricane Harvey.
- RED CROSS: The Red Cross depends on financial donations to help provide immediate relief. Text the word HARVEY to 90999 to make a $10 donation. You can also visit redcross.org or call 1- 800-RED CROSS.
- UNITED WAY: Text UWFLOOD to 41444 to donate to the United Way Flood Relief Fund.
- SALVATION ARMY: Donations to support The Salvation Army's Hurricane Harvey relief efforts can be made at helpsalvationarmy.org or by calling 1-800-SAL-ARMY.
DONATE CASH, NOT SUPPLIES. Most charities prefer monetary donations instead of supplies. These are more flexible and cause less of a strain on the charity, allowing them to help more.
USAID explains, "Unlike material donations, cash involves no transportation costs, shipping delays, or customs fees. It also enables relief organizations to spend more time providing aid by spending less time managing goods."
Thank you for your generosity.
To get involved with emergency preparedness efforts in your local community:
- KENMORE/LAKE FOREST PARK: Contact NEMCo Emergency Manager Carl Lunak at (425) 354-1744 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- KIRKLAND: Visit Kirkland's Office of Emergency Management, or Kirkland Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) websites.
- BOTHELL: Visit Bothell's Office of Emergency Management, or Bothell CERT websites.
- WOODINVILLE: Visit Woodinville's Office of Emergency Management, or Woodinville CERT websites.